Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gosh.

The only good thing about being stuck without an internet connection is discovering that lovely bloggers have posted LOADS of stuff and I get to read it all in one hit.
  • I dreamt that John asked me to have sex with him, and I said no, so he cracked onto MY MOTHER. For some reason, I woke up more angry than completely grossed out.
  • It seems to be the time of year for sleazebags to hit on me over the phone at work. I had one man say that it was only because he feared I was recording the conversation that he didn't ask me to do things that could have him arrested. And I thinking, hey, do you want me to assassinate somebody, mate? Because asking me to touch your privates probably won't get the cops round there. It is either a sleazy time of year, or my voice has finally hit its Phone Sex Operator peak.
  • There is no food in the house, and no Coke and no beer! I am going to have a chicken burger but as I have no bread rolls I am having the chicken patty in bread. It is a chicken breader. With no other filling. YUM.
  • John has gone for a couple of job interviews to bring in some 'spare cash' and just because he knows stupid boring stuff about stupid boring computers, they are THROWING jobs at him. Paying Over Three Times what I earn. PUNK. Punches for John.
  • I finished Don Quixote! I know I can use my bollocking workhours and time spent with John as an excuse, but only Ulysses and the Lord of the Rings trilogy have taken more time to complete. I know you probably don't care, but HEY. I am excited. Now I am positively whizzing through light and fluffy books that weren't published in 1605 (and 1615) to give my head a rest. Where are the footnotes? There are no footnotes, the writing is large and the pages are few.
There is just one day until the weekend, and by using my clever brain I can deduce that I only have to put up with 7.25 hours of talking to braindead twats about insurance before I have two glorious days off work. HURRAH. Let us drink and be merry. Who's with me?

8 Comments:

Blogger lucy said...

*Puts hands firmly in the air*

Because good lord the first beer tomorrow night is going to taste beautiful.

8:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured out why I love your blog, (besides the great writing and your humor)since you are literally time zones away, (at least 12 ahead of me)you provide me HOPE, HOPE that the weekend is even closer than I thought!!!! YEA!!
But I am jealous because you get the first Friday night pint when I'm just showing up for my last day of work for the week!
Enjoy that weekend!

Mr. Guinness

8:59 pm  
Blogger audrey said...

GBE, you know I'm ALWAYS with you. Let us drink to the dearth of unemployment and bad jobs. Huzzah!

2:44 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

It's Vodka o'clock where i am.
I'll shout the first round :P

3:11 pm  
Blogger Cinema Minima said...

IT jobs do pay well don't they. I suspect that after nuclear armageddon, only cockroaches and IT people will roam the earth.

(Oh and hi Ms. Girl, I like your blog!)

5:11 pm  
Blogger lucy said...

Hey the man at the pub I work in IT!

We may be geeks and socially awkward but stuff the cockroaches.

7:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll drink but I won't be merry. I have decided that Dylan Moran is going to be my new role model / god, so I'll drink and be dishevelled and depressed.

6:20 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Lucy, oh yes, it always does, doesn't it? It's such a shame I can't taste it anymore after I've had two pints, because I'm such a cadbury.

Mr. Guinness, but just think, you'll be casually lounging about and relaxing on Sunday afternoon with a pint in hand while I'm putting on my unattractive work clothes and dragging my sorry arse to the office. Sigh.

Audrey, hurrah! We shall drown our sorrows and discuss clever things like books until we are drunk at which point we will talk about Reality TV and who we hate the most.

Steph, ah, a girl after my own heart. I'll get the tequila shots.

The Man at the Pub, hello! I was very nearly an IT person - my first ever job was on an IT helpdesk - but I was apparently very shit at it (I was in my late teens and preoccupied with hormones and my newly legal drinking habits) and was forced into different work thereafter. Sigh. Was not meant to be. I am destined to be poor.

Lucy, you are an IT person and therefore proof that they're lovely.

Mark, I can't actually picture him without imagining him being devoured by zombies. Dishevelled and depressed is ok, but you've got to manage the accent as well.

7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home