Saturday, February 04, 2006

It was fun at the time.

We took a taxi into the city with a driver who defied every sterotype known to the taxi profession by being unbelievably attractive and not weird.

We drank, searched for an hour for a party, gave up and went back to the pub, drank, danced, avoided sleazebags and posers, repeated.

Examples of shit pick-up lines:

"So, hey. Where's a good place to get food around here?"
"Um. There's a Subway accross the road."
"Oh. So. Um."
"Bye."
"Bye."

"So, hey. Where's good to go around here?"
"Go?"
"You know. Out."
[We run through a list of nearby pubs and clubs.]
"Hey. Thanks. Um."
"Bye?"
"Bye."

"Hey, girls. We'll dance later."
"We will?"
"Yeah."
"Hmm. Later."
"Now?"
"No. Later."
"Ok."
As he's walking away: "NEVER!"

I drank entirely too much. It hit me when I got home and I threw up like a trooper. I fell into bed.

When I woke up this morning, I was completely naked and lying ON TOP of my underwear. I had for some reason pulled my towel over me and discovered the rest of my clothes in various places around the room. The icing on the What The Hell cake was looking down and seeing a PREGNANCY TEST that I'd bought during a scary two-weeks-late moment a long time ago on the floor next to the bed.

Which just sounds terrible, but all it really means is that in my extremely drunken state, I decided to rifle through my things and pull out a pregnancy test and throw it on the floor, even though I didn't do anything that would warrant the use of one.

Which isn't that abnormal, really. Is it?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'The icing on the What The Hell cake...' That's a good line, isn't it?

Speaking of lines, I would like to hear some pickup lines that *aren't* bollocks. As attested to by T, you know? Think of it as a public service announcement.

4:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a really bad relationship with alcohol girl!

3:42 am  
Blogger GBE said...

Mark, it would be a very short list indeed. In fact, right now I can only think of one, and I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

Joi, I like the beer but the beer doesn't like me. I think my body is rebelling.

(I wish I could read your site but the words look all funny and squiggly.)

7:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the squiggly stuff!

As for the beer love not being mutual, have you explored non-alcohol but beer-tasting beverages.. such as our local Egils Malt (http://www.nordicstore.net/shopexd.asp?id=594) which is a dark malt liquor sans alcohol.

1:10 am  
Blogger GBE said...

Admittedly, I do like the taste of beer, but I like that whole 'getting drunk' bit that goes along with it, too. I'm usually not that bad (despite the way I'm coming across lately) - it affected me in a pretty unusual "I'm 18 again" way that night.

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home