Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sitting back and watching Blackadder of an evening, I am struck with a realisation. My new hairstyle, which can look quite pretty if I smother it with straightening balm, swear at it, and burn it to a crisp with my hair straightener, on an average, cannot-be-arsed day, looks pretty much identical to Baldrick's 'do, circa Series III.



Which is a worry.

Soon I will be telling you how I've never taken off my trousers and am dreaming of a big turnip in the country.

Not that I let it get like that often, mind you. Not unless my plans for the day involve lounging in fat pants and eating rocky road until my stomach bulges so far out that I can rest my beer on it. Then, and only then, is Baldrick hair acceptable.

Lazy Fat Pants Days will be known as Baldrick Hair Days henceforth. Spread this information far and wide.

If you're not already aware, I am bored shirtless. I am officially working the Worst Shift Ever and am about as motivated as a vegetarian on a daytrip to the local slaughterhouse. The feelers I've put out in Salsa Land have so far gone unnoticed and I can only conclude that I am yet to receive any replies to my e-mails because everyone is far too busy dancing and looking attractive.

I imagine that is all they ever do. Ah, what a life.

Feeling inspired by lovely Audrey, I am contemplating going for a walk down Meme Road, but just don't know which one to do, or whether I should make up a completely new one. Any ideas?

5 Comments:

Blogger audrey said...

Blackadder is my favourite britcom of all time - even more favourite than the office, which is pretty favourite. I even have the book of all the scripts.

You see now why I can never accept Hugh Laurie as House. He will forever be George, which is a pretty lovely thing to be by gum.

12:42 am  
Blogger GBE said...

Dollop, I have a plan that is so cunning you could brush your teeth with it. Actually, no I don't, but I've always wanted to say that.

Audrey, I think that Blackadder must be my favourite British comedy ever, too. Though I don't have a book of all the scripts. Most of them do live in my head, though. My favourite line is, 'there hasn't been a stickier situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.' I want to get in a sticky situation, just so I can say it, but I am far too boring. Anyhoo. Rambling. Yes.

I am starting to suspect that I would quite like to marry Hugh Laurie.

9:15 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

They just don't make comedy like they used to, Dollop. Sigh.

3:45 pm  
Blogger Enny said...

(I made up one over at mine if you wanted to give it a try?)

4:57 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Enny, argh, you've just reminded me how terribly crap I've been at updating my own links list. I used to do something quite similar to your meme whenever I would update the list, but I gave up because I'm just so unbelievably rubbish. I would say, "this person is a great writer" and then for the next one, "this person is a, uh, great writer," and it just got a bit silly after a while.

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home