Thursday, February 09, 2006

So, I was sitting on the bus, fearing for my safety, when a lovely, lovely Officer of the Law jumped on for the ride.

Ain't no shit goin' down on the Outbound 204 this afternoon.

I started singing 'What's the colour of a two-cent piece? COPPER, COPPER,' but only in my head, because singing that out loud would've meant I was Crazy and I would've had to start smashing windows and screaming.

John is visiting me.

John, formerly known as J., formerly known as Him, but now known as John, because I have noted that the odds of somebody working out who I am by an association with a person bearing the most common name in the known universe are slim to none.

You might remember John from such episodes as 'Here's My Reasoning For Crying Like A Sissy At The Airport' and 'Hey, I've Actually Been Reading Your Blog - SURPRISE!' and 'Who Would've Thought That Tunisia Is A Massive SHITHOLE?'

That's him. He flies in tomorrow morning and is staying for two weeks, while he does worky things, and drinks beer with me, but probably not at the same time. This means that this blogging palaver (palaver!) will be a bit less frequent for a wee bit.

Catch you on the flip side, kids.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Maybe the dreams will stop now?

9:15 pm  
Blogger Marcheline said...

I would have sung to the cop. What? It's not illegal, and it might have been... interesting.

- M

4:22 am  
Blogger KH said...

Air Marshalls, now Bus Cops!

[although we have Transport Police on our trains in the UK]

At least she did not exclaim Allah and try to take a bus load of infidels to meet their maker.

Personally, I have reached a point in my life, at which I would, with no fuss or fanfare, render that sort of threat unconcious, and I would not care a jot.

10:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a subtle reference to Brett's secret ninja powers? Or am I completely lost here?

5:17 pm  
Blogger KH said...

hahaha no

I am just tired of avoiding confrontation so when I find myself in these situations I take control.

If it means I have to tell them once "piss off or I will put you on your arse" then so be it.

Most loopers will leave it at a thousand yard stare and lurch off at this point.

6:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good! Like ninja-psychic confusion or Crocodile Dundee hypnotising a bull. Oh, and I know you're busy, T, but there's a Liv update I thought I'd tell you all about: abscond.org/olivia

9:24 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Ah, thank you Mark. I'm putting on my list of things to read when I have blog-reading time again. As for the dreams, they've been replaced by horrible ones in which my bird dies and I use extreme profanity and then I move to a city that's only visible at low tide.

You see that? That came out because I read three paragraphs of Liv.

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home