Saturday, May 20, 2006

Tis the weekend, and I have achieved the following:
  • I've had a haircut. Rather than the usual hairdresser banter, she didn't speak a word to me and stared off into the distance most of the time, which was a worry. I'm still not sure she realised I was a human being.
  • I've played masses of songs on the guitar that I'd be unlikely to play in front of other people. Cold Chisel were a good band, you know.
  • I've developed a scratchy, sore throat, which I've completely ignored and soaked in beer. From the inside, that is. I haven't been bathing my neck in beer, or anything. That would be pretty gross. Have you seen that ad on TV where it's raining beer? Imagine how sticky that would be.
  • I fixed my hot water system. Hurrah! No more five-minute ohshitnowitsfreezingcold showers in the mornings.
  • I've been completely unable to think of anything worthwhile to write here. Hence the bullet points.
  • I watched Three Colours: Red, Blue AND White, in the one sitting. And I took great pleasure in saying 'Trois couleurs: BLEU!' To noone in particular. But I watched them in the wrong order, which is causing me no end of mental anguish.
  • I watched Dogville. And it made me have the most messed-up dreams I have had in a long time.
  • I took delivery of a coffee table and shit, I really need to realise how small this place is, because I now have 50% floor space, 50% coffee table. But I shall now wave goodbye to the days of eating off the floor, all primitive and bum-like.


This is going to pose a challenge.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pomgirl said...

I think if I ever want to become a Permenant Resident, I have to prove I know five Cold Chisel songs and manage a reasonably good Jimmy Barnes impression.

I may need help!

Px

10:17 am  
Blogger audrey said...

Sometimes I like to speak little snippets of french to myself, usually when I'm dressed all in black. It makes me giggle, and look around on the street furtively to check no one heard me.

3:50 pm  
Blogger Shelley said...

You can fix the hot water thing? Is it hard?

5:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Khe Sahn is a great song, but it's really repetitive. When my band used to do it, the singer would pretend to be off his face and spend the last verse rolling on the floor and jabbering incoherently. More Barnsey than Barnesy.

I fixed up your enormous comment about obscure bands, btw. You can paste it in here if you feel you need the luv.

7:47 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Pomgirl, you also have to scull a six-pack of local beer. If you want to do The Jimmy Barnes, you have to sing really hard until your voice comes out all scratchy and screamy. If you can do it at the same time as chainsmoking and drinking beer, you get approved on the spot.

Audrey, I don't actually know any French besides very, very basic conversational, but I like to pretend I can speak it quite well, by saying words like 'croissant' and 'bonjour' in a very French manner. I think I pull it off.

Nails, if you've got an electric hot water heater and it's getting progressively colder over about a five-minute period, try pulling up the little lever thing on top of the tank. It makes a 'filling up' noise until it starts overflowing everywhere, and then there's masses of hot water, instead of a pissy little puddle.

Mark, I can't paste it in here - that's just not the same. I'll keep holding out for the next World's Biggest Comment. And I'm more of a Flame Trees girl myself. My neighbours are probably pretty tired of being subjected to my mass butchery of that song.

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home