Sunday, May 14, 2006

I finally have a day to myself after my six days of work and have managed to spend money unnecessarily, purchase milk, and consume an entire packet of Natural Confectionary Forbidden Fruits in ten minutes.

But they're natural and sugar-free and shit, so it's like eating nothing at all, really.

Pomgirl stuck a tag on my forehead to list six of my idiosyncrasies, and as peculiar as I am, I think this is going to be tough. I mean, I already told you how I fold my underpants. Hmm. Let's see.

1. Chewing my hair.

Very Bad Habit. And the reason why I have shite hair. If you ever look at me, it is 99% likely that a chunk of my hair will be in my gob. I'm chewing it right now, for Christ's sake. The only remedy that I can think of is refusing to wash my hair, therefore making it taste like grease and dirt, which should stop me from putting it in my mouth. In theory.

2. Books.

If I start a book, I HAVE to finish it. I have no choice in the matter. Do you understand what this means? This means that if I pick up a pink book with swirly writing and pictures of champagne glasses and high heels on the cover and casually read the first four pages, I HAVE TO READ THE REST. Having this knobby mentality means I have read many books I shouldn't have (coughTheDaVinciCodecough).

3. Sitting.

I do not sit like a normal person. I cannot sit upright in a chair in the normal way. I fidget, and writhe around, and fold my legs up underneath me and in front of me and around me, and then I am comfortable. For all of five minutes. I do this at home, when out, and at work, when I'm in my poncey business clothes.

4. Poncey business clothes!

Ooh, it all ties in so well. If I buy a top and wear it to work (even if it's just the once), it then becomes a Work Top. Which means I can NEVER wear it in a social situation again. When I buy clothes I have to think very carefully about whether I will wear them out normally or not, and if there is the slightest chance that I will, they do not go outside in business hours.

5. I have a dent in my head. (I'm not sure if that's really an idiosyncrasy, but hey, I've done well up until now, right?)

When I was a wee sprog, my brother sat me down on a blanket, grabbed the end of it and started dragging it around the room, all sleigh-like. It was very very fun until he turned sharply, sending me flying off the blanket and into the fireplace, where my head smacked into a Big Pointy Bit and blood started streaming into my eyes. It's a dent and bald patch in one.

6. Books. Again. Sorry.

If I read a book and enjoy it, I then read every book the author has ever written. Even if the other books turn out to be a bit shit in comparison. I really have issues with the whole book thing.

If you would like to be tagged, then consider yourself tagged.

I saw graffiti earlier that said 'EAT YOUR SIN' and 'I LOVE MEAT'.

10 Comments:

Blogger Pomgirl said...

Good answers, weirdy! I too can't sit like a normal person and always seem to be giving into the urge to sit cross legged, even if it means showing off my gusset. I'm a 10 year old tom-boy at heart.

So do you ever cough up a hair ball?

Px

6:41 pm  
Blogger audrey said...

I get the whole book thing. I just finished the worst book ever. Read it if you want to experience insane anger and desire to drag author around the room on a blanket until they fly off and smash their head into the corner of a fireplace...

1:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make your picture a photo of your deformed patch. Unless it's your whole face, in which case I respect your privacy.

thx, btw. Had bugger all to write about and now am tagged.

9:49 pm  
Blogger Marcheline said...

I'm about halfway through "The DaVinci Code" and still can't figure out what all the fuss is about.

It's not as exciting a read as I thought it would be, and it deals with pagan religions - oooooooh! big scary pagan religions!!! (???)

But I'm enjoying the book anyway, wishing I hadn't heard any of the media hype ahead of time...

11:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why have you not written back to me. Your quirckiness is driving me ionsane. Say sowething, anything, I will show you everyhting, just gibe me a sign............

1:21 am  
Blogger audrey said...

OOH! GBE has a LOVER and his name is JASON and they are totally sitting in a tree...

My word verification is goohmd. Which sounds like doomed, but funnier.

"Egads! We're all goohmd!"

2:29 am  
Blogger KH said...

Mild OCD is ok so long as it doesn't impact on others.

I had a brief liason with a girl who was to put it mildly, a OCD magnet. I think now, it would have driven me mental, if "we" had actually got off the ground, so to speak.

Yours sound like a comfort thing IMHO.

8:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, it seems that I am taking a bit of stick here. No I am not OCD, well maybe a bit. My apologies for my brilliant typing skills on my previous post. Insomniac.........

4:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

0_o I think this discussion is totally goohm'd.

6:44 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Pomgirl, my life is now enriched because I have learnt what a gusset is. I am forever flashing my gusset. I fortunately don't seem to swallow my hair - I just chew it up a bit and leave it attached to my head to look fluffy and split and shit.

Audrey, I've felt that way about authors before. They sometimes make me wail and rent my clothes and yell 'why am I work in insurance and not writing books, because I can vomit better literature after a night on the piss than that shite I just read.'

Mark, I think a picture of my bald patch would be a bit of a let-down. It was pretty noticable when I was a sprog, but what with all the growing and maturing and all that it's pretty much impossible to see. It normally takes me ten minutes to actually find it.

Marcheline, I think that's what annoys me the most - there's just no reason for such a fuss. It's not the worst book in the world, but it went straight in the pile of books I'm never going to read again.

Jason, I have not replied to your e-mails because you said that you thought you were in love with me, which is, to be honest, a bit weird. But, um, if you want to comment and stuff then that's cool.

Audrey, why do I never get the funny word verification things? Once, I had one that contained the 'cok'. I felt very special.

Brett, I hope I don't drive anyone mental. I think I'd sooner drive them mental by cracking shit jokes and calling them names than anything else.

Jason, there's a little OCD in all of us, I think.

Mark, agreed.

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home