Saturday, November 25, 2006

Today we are having a picnic!
  • It will be at Mt Coot-tha, and I have decreed that terribly posh wine and food shall be consumed. I am quite set on sipping wine, looking at the view and saying, "oh, I say! What a delightful day!" and such. Though we have no picnic rug to sit on and I will most likely end up covered in grass stains with ant bites all over my rear.
  • No news on the job front. I still have a faint hope, especially as the Job Wench called me on a Saturday last time, but I am being very grown-up about the whole thing and haven't chucked a tanty once. I have even applied for another position with Crap Insurance Company which would see me no longer talking to arseholes about insurance but spending my days arsing about and printing off reports and the like. Hurrah!
  • John cooked me breakfast this morning, and it was completely awesome until I noticed that it was served on last night's dinner plate.

    "There is dried carbonara all over this plate," I said.
    "Oh, I thought you wouldn't mind."

    You mean it wasn't a mistake?!?!

    "Um. You do realise that I am a girl, don't you?"

    Boys. PFFT.
Gah. Today is No Motivation Saturday.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

It's a nice day for a picnic, I hope you found somewhere nice and shady or it will be terribly hot otherwise!

I hope Saturday turns out lucky in terms of the job, but it is a government position so maybe even give them another week.

The thought of eating off a previously used plate is icky, I'm glad you said something to him :)

12:40 pm  
Blogger Mr. Guinness said...

I say, was the previous occupant of the plate that obvious ? Afterall we are men, isnt't the thought more in keeping than the acutality?

2:30 pm  
Blogger Marcheline said...

Hey Mr. Guinness -

NO. Where breakfast is concerned, it's not the thought that counts. It's the clean plate.

Trust me on this.

- M

12:14 am  
Blogger phishez said...

That is just amazingly gross. he could have at least rinsed it. Then you'd never have known.

Men!

1:43 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Jen, 'twas very lovely and breezey up there and we had a most excellent time. Though we had far too much food and very nearly exploded. As for the job, they've given me every indication that they do want to hire me, so I am still hoping for it, but they did tell me that they had a final deadline of tomorrow, which worries me somewhat. Who knows.

Mr. Guinness, don't get me wrong, I love and appreciate a cooked breakfast as much as the next girl - I was just pointing out a John-ism is all.

Lulu, I hope you are right about the slow government folk. They are probably drinking a lot of tea and saying "we'll get onto those job applications right after this next cup" etc. And yes, I managed to say both of those things, along with "how awfully pleasant" and "tally-ho!"

Marcheline, I have a niggling suspicion that you are being an itty bit sarcastic with that comment. It was a most excellent breakfast, and you'd be surprised how nice bacon can taste with bits of dried pasta stuck to it.

Phishez, I'm not sure if it's a British Men thing, or a General Men thing, but he generally doesn't bother rinsing anything. Putting Coke in a glass just used for iced coffee, then putting beer in that same glass, etc. I think that for a brief moment he thought that I was him, that's all. And I guess it does all end up in the same place, after all.

8:33 pm  
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

OMG! I'm laughing.. but wow.. I can't believe he gave you a dirty plate! Hilarious.. but you know.. not. For you, that is.

6:14 am  
Blogger Rugby Weather said...

Being a man, I must say that it is the thought that counts. Most males (at least ones I know), are lucky if they remember to wash their hands at the proper times. Therefore, the fact that he thought of you and cooked you breakfast...be it with a dirty plate, is good. Kinda like a cat bringing you a dead animal. Shows that he loves you!!

1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home