Thursday, December 14, 2006

I am yet to do any work whatsoever. After being shown six different places by six different people and being told that each of them is where I would be sitting, I was ushered off to a three-day training course which so far seems to be teaching me how to eat chocolate and make a twit of myself in front of others.

I also get to do this whilst being given sandwiches and dressing like a bum.

Hurrah!

This is all good.

The Christmas party on Tuesday was a bit of a flop, as John and I were paying for our alcohol until it was subtly revealed that it was all actually FREE (it was held at a pub, we were told to go to the bar for drinks, and the staff asked us for money. So we're not that silly, are we?), and my very grown-up efforts to be a good girl who doesn't get shitfaced on a school night were completely in vain, because EVERYONE piked out by 8pm. Since when did people become so terribly sensible? For shame!

On this Christmas party subject, tomorrow night is the night of John's official work party, which will most likely be Quite Big and Possibly Posh. I must go to act the part of Girlfriend and will be badgered by people who like to talk about IT and engineering. BOR-INGGGG.

Ahem.

Champagne and whore-durrrves will be my Saviour.

Aside from this, well, there is nothing aside from this.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT and engineering? Just zing them with Fortune and Hitch Hiker's quotes and they'll be putty in your hands.

PS: which brand are the pot noodles with the short noodles? Gotta know.

6:13 pm  
Blogger n said...

Heheee heee whore-duuuuuurves!

11:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

i keep forgetting that this is the 'drinks are on the house' season until last weekend.

out of control.

we need to be more sensible.

next month.

5:57 am  
Blogger Deb said...

lol@whore-durrrves

have a golly good time at the party!

9:05 am  
Blogger Mr. Guinness said...

GBE,
The big question is simply, "Is government a reasonable way to run this place?" You are now on "the inside" you tell us????
(And I know you well enough now to say that if you choose to tell us we would all be schocked!)
Love your blogs, honesty in this world is priceless!

12:37 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Mark, I had a ready of supply of pre-memorised quotes ready, but did not get the chance to use them, as all of the geeks drank too much and started trying to breakdance, instead. And as for the Best Noodles Ever, they are apparently Trident Saucy Noodles, and come in a variety of flavours. Though I would advise you to avoid the Hot and Spicy 'flavour', as it inexplicably contains 'crustacean' on the list of ingredients, and I am frightened by this.

MMQC, and BOY, they were some killer whore-durrrves. No party pies or mini sausage rolls in sight. Mmmm.

Treespotter, oh yes, next month I am practically nun-like in my self-discipline. I may even wear a habit, I will be THAT healthy and booze-free. Well, that's the plan...

Deb, thank you! I hope the blogger shindig was marvellous, and I am very jealous that I missed out on the whole thing. Bah!

Mr. Guinness, alas, I do not yet have any inside info, having spent very little time in the office, but I will start collating evidence and researching PRONTO. The general concensus seems to be that everyone lounges around and talks about reality TV more than they actually work. And I don't know anything about reality TV! What will I do??

Lulu, yep, it's pretty nuts. After this week, which will be my first week of actual work (I think?), I'm then off for a week, so I'll forget everything. Still get paid for it all, though, which is marvellous. Hooray!

7:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home