Wednesday, March 15, 2006

So, I joined the gym. It's my first gym membership since the days when I used to go to a class, prance around for half an hour and then discover that everybody could see my underpants through a hole in my ugly gym pants.

Underpants, Mark. Yes, underpants.

It's been a while, and I figured I'd better join up if I didn't want the whole South America thing to turn into an episode of "Watch How Quickly I Can Die"*.

(*Not a real show, but wow, what a premise.)

It's costing me a shitload, because it's a Posh Gym, and by 'a shitload' I mean 'a fairly reasonable amount, but I'm just used to my Cheap-and-Nasty gym.' But here's what I'm noticing. I haven't even been there for a sweat-my-cobs-off session yet, and I'm jamming shit food in my mouth like there's no tomorrow. Like my body's saying, 'hey, you're going to be burning calories, better stock up, bitch'. And, 'you're trying to be healthy, so eat these M&M's, skank.'

Is your inner voice as abusive as mine?

Take today, for example. I jammed an entire pack of peanut M&M's in my mouth before my large and greasy lunch had made it through to my gizzards. Then I washed it down with a can of coke. And a can of V. And then I ate 12 tablespoons of sugar. Only one of these statements isn't true.

Any psychologists in the house? Is my body craving fat and sugar to be spiteful, or am I just a twat?

Wait. Don't answer that.

8 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Hi--I'm new to your blog, and am laughing hysterically.

Yes, my inner voice is also quite abusive...

7:23 am  
Blogger Pomgirl said...

But none of that food counts 'cos you've joined a gym. Erm, I may need a psychologist too...

8:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit!! I said LESS PANTS!!

3:24 pm  
Blogger KH said...

I do that to; "load up" 'cause I know what I am about to do will be stressful.

Although living in the arctic tundra, the bit that passes for my slice of the Northern Hemisphere, teaches you that it is just not healthy to skip 6000 calories a day of chocolate.

I am a guy. Straight too! I am not Bridget Jones!

Am I intouch with my femine side or is this beyond gender?

7:13 am  
Blogger Steph said...

My inner voice is a right bitch too. Especially when i'm on the piss. She's all, "drink it up ya bloody lightweight, scull that sucker, bitch!, One more for the road, ya dozey tart" etc, etc.

11:54 am  
Blogger M said...

I think it's the only way your body can communicate to you how much it hates you for making it do all that exercise!! ..just a theory :)

1:58 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Ah, welcome to the madhouse, K.

Pomgirl, you're dead right. It's like when you eat a bar of chocolate, but you have it with a diet coke. Totally cancel eachother out. It's like eating nothing at all.

Oh, sorry Mark, I thought you said 'I love pants'. My mistake.

Brett, it's good to know I'm not alone in my weirdness.

Steph, it'll become a problem the day we start saying it out loud.

M, I think you're onto something. Mm, I feel like cake.

6:28 pm  
Blogger Marcheline said...

Yes, yes, yes. As soon as I start exercising, my appetite kicks into high gear. It's like there's some cosmic weights and balances thing going on, all designed to keep us growing and widening. ARGHHHHH.

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home