Saturday, April 29, 2006

I went into the city today and spent money unnecessarily, and then I walked out into the mall to hear a band playing. Which isn't unusual - there's usually somebody playing for free on the weekend. I look at the band, and lo and behold, it's good ol' Russell Crowe.

Now let me point out that Russell Crowe is actually the most famous person I have ever seen playing in the mall, because Alex Lloyd isn't as famous, and who the hell are Kisschasy and Mercury Four anyway? Have they been in movies? No.

And I laugh, because it's Russell Crowe in town, but not to be famous and act like a movie star - to promote his band. Ha.

The following thoughts ran through my mind:
  • You've had sex with Meg Ryan.
  • You're a bogan.
  • Nice suit, though.
  • You're an ok singer, and if you weren't a famous movie star you could probably be earning a few squid doing Pearl Jam covers down your Local.
  • Those faux-goths in the corner are booing you.
  • Now you're mumbling incoherently. What are you saying?
Then I felt ashamed of myself for standing and watching Russell Crowe's band, and left as the crowd roared in appreciation. Of his band, that is. Not of me leaving.

I sent an sms to my best mate telling her I'd just seen Russell Crowe's band, and she replied with a message containing the sentence "Isn't his band called Four Cocks and a Camel, or some shit?" and I laughed out loud on the bus.

(I have decreed that today is Couch Appreciation Day, for after a week and a half of sitting on the floor, I have decided that my new couch is in fact my most prized possession and worthy of marriage. Have you hugged your couch lately?)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russel Crowe is SUCH a bogan. It drives me crazy he actually makes money in a profession that requires his audience to see his face, his clothes and his talent. Joan Rivers doesn't like him either. Apparently he was very rude to her make up artist, and I think she takes that the same way as if you were extroardinarily violent to her puppy.

5:29 pm  
Blogger Pomgirl said...

I stroked my couch, does that count?

9:10 pm  
Blogger Don Quixote said...

40 Odd foot of grunt is quite an apt title really.

11:49 am  
Blogger GBE said...

Audrey, I think Russell Crowe is rude to just about everyone, because, let's face it, he's just a massive yobbo. Even if he has had sex with Meg Ryan.

Pomgirl, I don't think your couch is feeling the love right now.

Ah, thank you, Don - I was thinking his band was called '500 odd foot of grunting' and you have set me straight. And the only title that could be more apt is 'Russell Crowe is a big bogan who thinks every outfit is complimented by a flanno.'

12:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always found myself enjoying Russell's movies, although my wife can't stand him. She won't even see "Cinderella Man" which, IMO, is a good damn movie.

1:14 am  
Blogger GBE said...

I saw a Russell Crowe movie on a first date with someone - A Beautiful Mind. It was so long and tedious that I fell asleep mid-way and the rest of my first date conversation was restricted to one-syllable words and grunting. But I can't really say whether that was Russell's fault or not - it was just a bad movie overall. He's had some ok ones. I've made it through Gladiator a few times. I think it's just the fact that he's such a yobbo.

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home