Monday, May 22, 2006

Welcome to the Number One Google result for 'phantom high pants' and the Number Six result for 'shitty arse holes'.

You know how I love my high pants and arse holes. My two favourite things in all the land.

It's my best mate's birthday today. Yo, sister. A torrent of beer's a-comin'.

Things I have heard far too much of lately:
  • That guy on Big Brother with the Very Massive penis. I can hold a conversation about that show, and I don't actually watch it. I don't need to watch it at all - listening to everyone else has made me an expert. Yes, I have heard about his penis, yes, it's very large, yes.
  • The miners. You got stuck in a hole, you got out of the hole, you got an absolute shitload of money. I do care, and I'm sure it was really shit being all cramped and having to wee in front of eachother and stuff, but Jesus. Will they talk about me on the news as much once I die from excessive miner talk? "This is Sandra Sully. In the news tonight, a girl dies after repeatedly slamming her head into her coffee table, due to over-exposure to boring miner bollocks."
  • The football. Soccer. That game where they boot the round ball about, and sometimes accidentally kick eachother really hard. Specifically, Australia in the World Cup. They will not make it past the first round, because Australians are good at swimming and cricket and drinking beer, and not that great at soccer. If you are a fan of Australian soccer, and you are flying to Germany, the only thing that will make your trip worthwhile is the glorious bier. Make your way to the local Biergarten and drown your sorrows.
  • My bird, Reg, and the noise he has picked up from what must surely be the most annoying bird IN THE WORLD. Chirp-chirp chirp-chirp CHIRPCHIRPCHIRPCHIRRRRRPPP. Oh, you're trying to listen to music? CHIRPCCHHHHIIIRRRPPPPPP. Playing guitar, are you? CHIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPchirpchirpCHIRRRRPPP.
And I'm spent. Two scary men peered at me as they walked past me on my way home and one of them said 'oh, here we go. Heh heh heh.' Please stop immediately boys and take my hand in marriage. You're such charmers, with your mullets and combined total of five teeth. While we're at it, let's consummate our union right here, on the pavement. That's how much I want you.

I hate working the late shift.

12 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Late shift? That's when you finish at ten and have to get the bus home, right?
I just hate being the only person left in the room and on the entire level. If I screamed no one would hear me....oooooh...shit, still half an hour to go :(

9:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What work do you that gets you stuck with the late shift?

10:21 pm  
Blogger audrey said...

Did you notice in the papers that the went to the pub on the night of release miner was wearing a shooting range tee shirt? Let's break down some stereotypes! Oh wait. Let's not. Apparently he said he'd figured out his priorities now and he was going to start putting his family first and his shooting second. For real.

12:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus. Now Audrey's doing it.

Personally, I am waiting for high pants to come back into fashion. Seeing as they now have grandpa-style jackets and trousers in the shops, it will only be a matter of time before we're supposed to start wearing them way up high. Right? This is all part of my backlash against Bumcrack Pants I think.

7:13 pm  
Blogger Shelley said...

I've been watching a lot of Red Dwarf lately...Rimmer wore very high pants. I spent the first two seasons staring at his crotch because of this. It was painful.

That's all really.

1:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, I don't remember those pants... You mean you could see his package in them?

7:42 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Nails, my late shift finishes at seven, which doesn't seem too late in comparison to ten, though I still have to get the bus home and walk two blocks down a dark street, crossing the road every time I spy a dero.

Jason, I take customer service calls for an insurance company. It's a 24-hour centre, but I'm rostered on between the hours of 7am and 7pm.

Audrey, those miners truly are a big pair of bogans. And they're now very rich bogans.

Mark, high pants are far superior to bumcrack pants. They'll be fashionable again soon. I wear grandpa vests to work all the time so it can't be much longer.

Nails, I never noticed Rimmer's pants. I think I was probably distracted by the fact that his name was Rimmer.

Mark, I searched google and could not find any pictures of Rimmer's pants. But I was also scared of typing 'rimmer' into google, so they may be out there.

9:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which Insurance Company? Part of what my company does is design risk mitigation and insurance products for insurance companies.

Did you get my other e-mails?

Its lunch time here, and very late in OZ. Have a restful sleep.


Ciao

10:11 pm  
Blogger Shelley said...

Google images worked surprisngly well.
Not great example but: http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/red_dwarf/rimmer_bike.jpg

This was the only other standing one I could find: http://www.dvdalliance.com/DVD-images/DVD-news/redwarf/Rimmer-Lister.jpg

Holy fuck he got creepy with age:
http://www.pets.be/UploadedFiles/Rimmer.jpg

Of course, this could be symptomatic of my having gone completely crazy.

2:09 am  
Blogger GBE said...

Jason, I don't think I should name the company I work for, because I spend a large portion of my time bitching about work and I'm a bit paranoid that it would lead to a lack of employment, at the least. And probably a lot of embarrassment. As for e-mails, I'm not too big on penpalling but I can definitely reply to any comments you leave...

Nails, oh my God, that's well and truly Rimmer's package right there. And you managed to make me squeal and say 'KITTY' really loudly, too. I can never watch Red Dwarf the same way again.

7:24 pm  
Blogger Shelley said...

It's just the first two seasons - after that his clothes change.

10:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats a pen pal?

I was thinking more on the lines of when my company opens it Oz office, I would fly over and sweep you off your feet!

4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home