Wednesday, June 28, 2006

AHOY!

Oh dear. The internet that I mercilessly steal was stolen back from me for several days, and I found myself internetless, and void of bloggy inter(net)action, and forced to speak to real-life human beings in real-life situations with a real-life voice.

Yes, that's right. Hell. Living hell.

As a consequence, I am typing at three million words per minute, in case it drops again, so please forgive the tpyos. (Ha! What a cracking sense of humour.)

So, right, to get right down to business, here is the latest on me:

Um.

Shit.

Oh! I watched The Chronicles of Narnia last night, and is it just me, or does Lucy form some sort of child bride relationship with Tumnus the faun?

Also. Work shits me to tears, and in the last week three of my original training group have announced that they're leaving (or have already left quite unexpectedly) and they're telling me all about their fabulous new jobs, which are easier, and pay so much more, and don't require that you sell anything (and, let's face it, my sales skills are equivalent to those possessed by the Aussie Home Loans guy), and it's stirring up feelings. Should I be searching for the perfect job, too? Or am I such a big sissy that I'll stay in the position I'm in forever and ever until I am old and wrinkly and saggy and crusty? Oh. Oh my.

Went to the pub last Saturday. Was drunk. Etc.

I'm still trying to gather my thoughts after my sudden delirium at discovering I had an internet connection, so I'll now go to my thinking corner, have a sit down and a cup of tea (Yeah. I drink tea now.), and get back to you shortly. What's the best number to reach you on? Can I help you with anything else today?

Shit. Work has completely brainwashed me.

6 Comments:

Blogger phishez said...

HOW HOT WAS TUMNUS THE FAUN!?!

6:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are sexy paedophilic fauns doing in a childrens' movie? Especially one as chock-a-block with new testament imagery as TCON.

I think you should quit your job and take up vampire slayage full-time. I've been trying to convince Nails to do it, but she's too lame, so you're my next best hope.

7:07 pm  
Blogger audrey said...

It's little wonder a new testament piece advocates child brides. But yes, that did creep me out a little. I thought I was the only one who noticed and then got really worried thinking it was Freudian. Because I longed to marry a faun when I was a wee one.

Wireless internet is the silver lining on my otherwise grey life. Meanwhile, the employed life of which you speak of is foreign to me as you know. Tell me, if I was to work in sales would I be as funny as you? If so, GREASE ME OOP WOMMAN!

8:31 pm  
Blogger lucy said...

Yep, noticed that creepy, creepy thing with the fawn and child. But god lord tumnus was hot.

Oh and don't go away again, I didn't like it k.

8:57 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Phishez, I have to admit that I didn't notice it too much, because, um, he had goat legs and stuff, but as far as fauns go I guess he was indeed a bit of alright.

Mark, I'm not sure why they made Tumnus have such a questionable relationship with Lucy, because I read The Lion, The Witch and The Other Thing not too long ago and I'm pretty sure it didn't give me any weird vibes. And I don't think I'd be suited to vampire slaying. I think I like the vampires better than the slayers.

Audrey, the scene near the end where Tumnus appears to crown Lucy, I involuntarily yelled 'Lucy, and HERE IS YOUR HUSBAND: Tumnus' like I had TCON-induced Tourettes Syndrome, and I quickly covered my mouth and looked around to see if anyone had heard me. It must have been building up in my subconscious throughout the movie. As far as funniness goes, thank you my dear, though it's probably more a case of 'if I don't crack dodgy jokes, I'll end up brutally slaughtering my co-workers'.

Lucy, another Tumnus fan I see. I shall a start a new site called 'Tumnus is one sexy son of a bitch faun' dot com and it will have at least two readers. Hurrah! I'll try and not go away again. I didn't like it either. My laptop is a mere shell of its former self when it's not filled with delightful internet goodness.

7:04 pm  
Blogger Shelley said...

I've been know to get drunk and wax lyrical about Tumnus the hotness...okay, so it was only that one time.

Mark - FIND ME THE VAMPIRES! This is Enmore man - there are vampire wannabes everywhere. You suck as a sidekick [no Willow for you].

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home