Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I have an internet connection like the proverbial whore's drawers so have been forced to travel to the nearest uber-trendy cafe, which has $5 coffees, customers wearing outfits entirely composed of black, experimental instrumental somethingelsemental background music, and, most importantly of all, free wireless access for all patrons. The reason I am able to do this on a weekday is due to the sudden wrenching gut pain I experienced a whole fifteen minutes before I was due to leave for work, making me have a big whinge and call in sick.

So hi! My shifts this week are the shittiest shifts in all the land, so I figured I'd make use of this time, even if my guts are still all twisty and wrenchy. I may need to excuse myself momentarily to groan and whine. I am not entirely sure what has caused it, but it may be the risotto that John made last night. At least that's what I'm telling John, so that he is racked with guilt and keeps bringing me cups of tea.

On the subject of Superman Returns: PHWOAARRRRRR! I sang along loudly with the theme music (which I had forgotten entirely until I heard it again) and sneered at the kids who were too young to remember Christopher Reeve in lycra. To show that Superman is now modern and post-millennium, somebody very nearly says 'shit' and it is implied that Superman and Lois have SHAGGED. Can you imagine shagging Superman? It raises all sorts of interesting questions and theories.

I was gaily walking home from work last Friday afternoon and slipped a little bit on some loose twigs and leaves. The whole thing felt a little bit odd and left me a little askew so I looked down at my shoe and realised that I didn't actually have a heel anymore. And because my heels were about three inches high, I walked all the way home like I had one leg shorter than the other. All I need to do now is grow a hunchback and take up residence in the nearest bell tower.

But! Having a snapped shoe (and not being inclined to take it to the cobbler bloke to be repaired, because they were dodgy shoes that had been on their last legs (HA!) for quite a while) meant that I could then justify going out to buy Brand-New shoes. So I went out and looked at all the shoes on sale due to the end of financial year and bought a pair that WEREN'T ON SALE and COST A LOT. But oh. Oh. They are hot.

(Then I spent money on clothes that WERE on sale, and two work shirts and a pair of work pants for under $100 is a DEALANDAHALF, I say. So, um, it's ok. And, um, I put it on my credit card anyway. So it's like I haven't really spent anything at all. Cough.)

Also! Not having to pay gym fees this month means I am something like $76 richer, as well. (Still no news on that, by the way. I picked up their terms and conditions leaflet on the weekend and everything the cow said is written in there, so I've got to examine my options. I'm thinking of a) murder, or b) faking my own death.)

And! On the subject of increasing wealth, I sold that bloody jersey on ebay, for all of $61. Somebody got the fricking deal of the century on that one. They e-mailed me to say they had deposited the money, and even though it hasn't shown up in my account yet I have express posted it to them, because, let's face it, if I don't get rid of the son of a bitch it's going to rot at the back of my wardrobe for the rest of my life.

I now LOVE ebay. Once I discovered the e-mail saying that I'd sold the jersey (which came as a shock in itself, because I had actually completely forgotten that I'd put it up for auction), I rolled about rapturous and in fits of ecstasy. Best. Feeling. Ever. I then ran around the house, trying to find other things to sell but John tells me that buyers apparently would not appreciate my old jeans, my pet cockatiel, or my copy of How I Live Now (in which a girl has sex with her cousin quite a lot, and I don't know about you, but that doesn't sit quite right with me. No, I don't care if it is WWIII. Do not let your blood relatives put their parts anywhere near your parts.).

Wa-hay. I'm a bit off track. I know I'm a bit behind the times with this new-found love of ebay, but I always have been a bit slow with the trends. I'm still trying to work out what a myspace is.

There was also: the acquisition of a new item of furniture, the purchase of a new bag of bird seed, and the replenishing of our supply of laundry detergent. DOES THE EXCITEMENT EVER STOP?!

No. No it doesn't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Your work clothes deal is a very good deal. I hate buying work clothes, I am a uni student, buying office clothes is something which is despise.

I also can't intergrate my two wardbrobes as soon as something is worn to work, it becomes 'work clothes' so I can never again wear it on my days off. I need to throw some new things into the work clothes mix though, it's getting a bit old.

4:15 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Jen, I despise buying work clothes and I'm not a uni student. I just resent spending my cash on clothes I only get to wear to a place I don't really want to go, I think. As for keeping the work gear and not-work gear separate - are you and I actually the same person?? I am exactly the same. If I wear it once to work, I can never wear it anywhere else. It's a real pain in the arse.

8:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home