Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Please note that the post following this one was actually typed up yesterday, but for some reason or a-fricking-nother, I could not post it. My internet connection has been entirely up the (Hilary) duff and I AM ANNOYED.

But, no matter. I have looked into obtaining a more stable connection but it turns out that I HATE TELSTRA. You have my landline and my mobile phone, yet you're completely unflexible and unwilling to negotiate. I should not expect so much from your staff members, because I know you only give them three minutes of on-the-fly training and allow them to shrug in response to queries more complex than "have I reached Telstra?"

(If you work for Telstra and you are competent and able, then my apologies, but I have most definitely never spoken to you.)

I was so incredibly bored yesterday (when I was at home with sickness and no internet), that I drew this smiley face in Paint, using only my feet.



Yes, I was that bored.

John: [examining the picture] Do you ever look at pictures and start to see other things? Like when you look at clouds?
Me: No.

A moment passes.

Me: A man bungee jumping off a bridge.

Another moment.

John: OH MY GOD. I see it.

What can you see?

6 Comments:

Blogger Don Quixote said...

I see a man that shouldn't be smiling, because he still has an 80's hairdo.

11:39 pm  
Blogger Marcheline said...

John Belushi's signature over the constellation of Orion.

1:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's actually a man making his escape over a prison wall next to a guard tower. But I will admit he's using a rope to scale down the wall.

7:10 pm  
Blogger audrey said...

I'm not sure how you do it GBE but you consistently make me laugh by describing the most ordinary of events. It's like you infuse tone into the writing, which is a skill so few people have. And the pic to me looks like a double amputee crawling to the edge of a diving board.

3:19 am  
Blogger Steph said...

It looks like Mr Squiggle ( do you know him?) looking at his reflection in a river....or sumthin'.

6:13 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Don, I didn't mean to give him 80's hair. My foot slipped. I see lots of guys with 80's hair around the place. Mullets with blonde highlights are apparently fashionable, along with tight, black jeans and wrist bands. I am so behind the times.

Marcheline, do you think I could palm it off on ebay as John Belushi's signature? I love ebay.

Mark, I most definitely see that. He's got a bit of a 'leaping to freedom' look about him. I hope he doesn't land on that blue dot thing.

Audrey, thank you lovely girl. I've gone all red now. Is the double-amputee falling off the diving board? I hope he can swim.

Steph, I am actually Mr. Squiggle. It's my secret identity. A girl's got to earn a bit of spare cash on the side.

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home