Friday, December 29, 2006

Well. Welly welly well. I am blushing outrageously after all of that jumping to my defence business. I would buy each and every one of you a sparkling gift of some description, but I am severely broke after Chrimbo and the subsequent sales, so here are a million of my thanks, and a few nervous giggles for good measure.

There seems to have been no response from the content nicker, and I suspect that it will remain that way, or that she will disappear entirely. The slightly horrible thing is that I discovered her blog when she sent me an e-mail saying that she really liked mine. She included a copy of this meme, suggesting that I do it as well, which included a couple of her images. Being a nosy sod, I scouted out the source of the pictures and hey presto. "Oh, what a nice e-mail, really complimentary HEY HOLD ON A COTTON-PICKING MINUTE." Etc.

To move right along:

Christmas was quite fab, thank you. I now own every single Blackadder DVD ever made. There were many other things, including garden frog gnomes, and top notch guitar strings, which proved to be excellent encouragement for changing the bastards for the first time in far too long. And books, glorious books! Can I ask for anything more?

John and I went shopping a couple of days afterward, because we have hired a car for our week of holidays and have to make the most of it, even if making the most of it involves repeatedly driving to shops that are within walking distance.

Besides the shops/bottle-o within walking distance, we went to IKEA. Jesus, IKEA! Thou hast taken over all of olde Logan towne! We spent a ridiculously long time navigating the Rwanda-sized carpark and commented that it had probably taken longer to find a park than it would to actually buy what we needed.

WRONG.

IKEA is a strange beast, in that you go in there thinking you need to buy two bowls to make up for the ones that have been broken and come out with a new set of wine glasses, a clothes horse, a lamp, some spice jars, storage containers, and a stuffed giraffe and snake.



And because I know how to make holidays fun, I then went to the doctor and had three needles. Two in the left arm, one in the right. Yes, that's right, I finally decided to protect myself from the various diseases that South America has to offer, since that whole overseas trip thing is only SEVEN WEEKS away. Yeeehaaaaaa.

Is your self-esteem too high? Do you think you're immensely attractive, and is it getting out of control? Visit Noosa! The Land of the Insanely Beautiful Tourists! And you too can feel like a Big Fatso Whale with a face like a sackful of spanners.



Tonight is part deux of the traditional Christmas dinner, in which the dessert portion is to be consumed, along with perhaps one million beers. Yes! Indeed.

[The above actually occurred last night, along with the composition of the rest of this post, but the son of a bitch did not publish. Curse you, Blogger.]

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I so agree about the Noosa tourists!

If you want to be truly ruined as a person, go to Mooloolaba the week after Schoolies. It is positively swarming with perfectly tanned, stunningly beautiful, rake thin, rich girls.

I have still not recovered! I'll have to find out what time of year the poor, fat, old people holiday and plan my trip accordingly.

6:51 pm  
Blogger MissE said...

So, she sent you an email with a link to her blog, where she was cutting and pasting your posts?

That's kinda dumb, really. She sounds very young and probably it's a flattery thing but yeah, dumb.

I also braved ikea recently and somehow - amazingly - bought nothing. Nothing. It has never happened before and I'm so proud of myself.

Although to be fair the no purchase was a result of not being sure how wide my kitchen was, and we're going back with measurements, but still.

9:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, good Noosa diagram.

Suggest you do the meme and nick all of her answers. There are some good ones about horses in there.

4:15 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Jen, now THAT is a plan and a half. When you find out what time they holiday, please let me know so I can make my holiday plans, too. In the meantime, I'll try and find a part of the world riddled with hideously unattractive people so that I will be the most beautiful when I go there. Hooray!

Chesty, yep, she indirectly sent me her link. She probably was not aware of my Extreme Sneakiness. And when you go back to IKEA with your measurements, beware! It is guaranteed that you will leave with at least one item you did not plan, and perhaps one of those little bendy wooden men they sell.

Mark, due to my teeny tiny attention span, I can't do extra-long memes. But I might steal some of that horse content, all the same. I have to get something out of this experience.

4:28 pm  
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

Ok.. I'm trying to catch up w/ all the posts I missed so I'll just be brief: Yay on the planned trip. Sounds fab. On the little miss stealing your posts - she sounds awfully young. Probably trying to find her own voice and is unable to hence the copying.. could you consider it flattery? Hm.. it is annoying so I can see how you'd be peeved.. but we all know how original you are.. so don't fret. As for Ikea - sometimes it's awesome.. sometimes the parking the size of the whole state of Texas makes me crazy. You have to go w/ your sneakers and not your boyfriend/fiance/someone you want to date after the shopping trip - cuz hi, stressfull and oh.. where did he go? Lost. That's where. But if you and John survived, yay you! I have to continue to go w/ my girlfriends. As for books, I'm starting on Fluke, by Christopher Moore. Funny guy.

There.. I'll be back to keep up w/ you more currently now. Hopefully. :)

7:51 am  
Blogger GBE said...

Gah! Too many things to reply to! You deserve a prize for reading all of my rubbish. Happy New Year! :)

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home