Monday, April 23, 2007

[Moving right along! Travel shit, Part Three. Part One be here, Part Two be here. Yes!]



I don't know about you, but I love little faces in my bread.

We headed out of Arequipa and went crazyhigh, all the way to the Colca Canyon, which is known for its superhighness and condors. Also, there's heaps and heaps of vicuñas, which are these little wild llama things.



A poncho made out of their wool costs something like $3000 US. Mad! Gotta get me a herd of those bastards.



Here be the canyon. Twas lovely.



Here be a sneaky condor. Condors are real arseholes, because as soon as you travel for hours over one of the bumpiest dirt tracks ever to get up there just so you can have a squiz at the bastards, then they are all guaranteed to go and hide. We spent frigging ages standing there waiting for one to show its face, and in the whole time I think we saw a grand total of two, who came around the corner, saw all of the whiteymcwhite tourists, and pissed off quicksmart. Pricks!

Though I did get a few seconds of awesome video footage which David Attenborough would be jealous of, and as soon as I sort the video, I will show you. Mkay?

We spent a notworthmentioning night in a place called Chivay, and my best mate paid someone five soles to touch a wild, flat-eared, crazyangryspitting llama, and it was very entertaining for everyone involved, except for perhaps the llama.

On to Cuzco! It is the best place we went to in the whole of Peru, and it is also the most touristy, and I can't help but think that I enjoyed it so much because of the spoilt white girl amenities and the number of pubs. There's also drugs galore, and we went into a pub and the girl next to us ordered a beer and was charged about six times what it was costing us, and we realised that she had actually bought herself a nice cocaine snack to go with her tasty beverage. Yum!



The main square.



That really famous twelve-sided stone. Nuts! How much time did these people have on their hands?

Cuzco became our base for the next three days, and we entertained ourselves with various day trips, excessive vomiting and general squirting, and taking full advantage of the many, many pubs. It was also where I drank such an incredibly large amount that I spent the night dancing by myself like a bit of a whore and made an absolute tit of myself in general. But hey, I think I can safely say that I'm not going to be bumping into any of those people any time soon, and needn't be embarrassed. Hooray!

After living the high life, they shipped us off to the Inca trail for some TORTURE. Read about it here. If those Incas were so God damn smart I don't know why they didn't build an elevator up to Machu Picchu. Some pics!



The first site we saw.



Oh! So pretty! It almost took my mind off the pain. Almost.



That's not me. The easy way to tell this is by noticing that that person is wearing a rain poncho, and I was not actually that clever.



The stupid effing nipple mountain! That was our target for getting over the highest point of the trek, and it took us three days to get there. Oh, how I hate that nipple.



Ahhh. Close up is here.

Coming in Part Four: I'll finally finish this bloody thing. Hoorah!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Face bread is evil. It reminds me of that scene from Akira, and to a lesser extent the South Park episode based on Akira. Also the scene from Barbarella.

Cool photos. Now I can share some of the Machu Picchu experience while retaining control of my bowels!h

3:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/h

3:39 pm  
Blogger phishez said...

I'm about nine kinds of jealous right now!

Those are some fantastic pictures though! How many crap ones did you have to sort through to get those?

4:19 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

The last picture is AMAZING, it's a shame you had to walk in such horrible conditions to get there, I'd prefer to be choppered in :P

The tiny baby's faces hidden in bread is easily the scariest thing ever. Is it like every day bread or do you only eat baby infused bread on special occasions?

10:41 pm  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

I want some evil baby bread - do I really have to go all the way to South America? Do you think that Bakers Delight has any?

8:41 am  
Blogger Rosanna said...

These photos are STUNNING!

9:13 pm  
Blogger vapidly vibrant said...

Yes, agree with all when i say LOVE the photos! And the condor one! My god! Am too excited to explain why seeing a pic of a Condor satisfies and excites all my 5-yr-old girlish glee!!! (see triple explamation marks! me = veru]y excited!)

Also, i thought those bread were chocolate covered... Are they not? Then, why would there babies' face on them? I don't understand.

4:04 am  
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

Um.. yeah.. the faces in bread is kinda creepy. Maybe they're made w/ the blood of those faces and those are just the dedications? No? Just guessing. But gorgeous pics! Sounds like getting them sucked, but they really are stunning.

9:53 am  
Blogger Susanne said...

Great photos GBE!

9:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm not sure if these comments still work. At any rate, all the best if you're still out there.

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home