Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh, hello there Internet connection. You've decided to come crawling back, huh? Couldn't live without me, could you, bitch?

(Please don't leave me again.)

We have a few things on the agenda for tonight.

1. Regarding That Gym Business, I followed option one and it was nice and simple. The membership is frozen for another two months. I had to actually deal with that smarmy little bitch from the first incident, and used every ounce of will-power to avoid stabbing her in the eye with my membership card. Also, they have never even given me a free gym bag. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

2. John and I went to check out the fancy pants dancing class, to put John's mind at ease as he was quite fearful he would have to wear frilly pink shirts and shiny heeled shoes. It was entirely fabulous to watch, and I am 99% certain that I will go there and a man wearing high pants will tell me that his partner has been knocked up and that I have to fill in and then we'll dance and do lifts in the water and I'll tell him how I carried a watermelon. John is not happy that I am continually referring to the instructor as 'my husband'.

3. I HATE WORK. It took a while, but my festering hate has now bubbled up to such a level that I get out of bed in the morning, take a shower and get dressed, and then wonder how it would feel to throw myself in front of a bus. Will you hire me, please? Just don't make me talk to people whose main goal in life is to be upset about their insurance policies. THERE'S MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE.

Is it sad when you can sum up an entire week of your life in three paragraphs?

7 Comments:

Blogger audrey said...

I defy any one here to say they didn't want to be Baby when they were a teen. And that includes you, Mark. When I finished year 12, my friends and I refilmed parts of Dirty Dancing to work as trailers to a refilming of The Man From Snowy River that my friend's family made. I played Baby in the scene where she's crying to her dad AND creepy neil in the scene where he tells Baby that 'sometimes, in this world, we see things...that we don't want to see.' It was hilarious. And it still is...

Meanwhile, go work for Dymocks! It's ace. Seriously, Chrimble is coming up and they'll need people who can work metcha hours. Cheap books....funny stories about customers.....

11:36 pm  
Blogger Dan said...

I can summerize my week in two words; Work. School.

3:22 am  
Blogger Steph said...

No one puts baby in the corner.

7:01 pm  
Blogger Daisy said...

Wait - Didn't option one involve moving to Peru?

11:55 am  
Blogger Ellie said...

I think I can win on this one, my week can be sumarised in one word: tomatoes.

I'm not even going to deny that I always wanted to be Baby (still do!) but I can't dance for toffee. Still, I can always dream...

:)

5:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Audrey - I have to admit I've never seen Dirty Dancing. But I'm sure I'd want to be whatever character it is you think I'd want to be. Especially if I could wear a frilly shirt and shiny heeled shoes.

Good work on the gym front. Small victories :)

8:10 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Audrey, I wanted to be Baby when I was a teen, and also right now (and forever more). Lovely Patrick Swayze will be forever etched in my memory wearing a pair of high pants and looking all sweaty with puffy hair. I squint severely and half-look away when I see him in movies now, because it would just spoil it. As for Dymocks, that 'cheap books' comment just about made me sprint there and start pounding on their door, wailing for a job. I will have to see how things go. I'm a bit anti-customers at the moment, I think.

MHE, your week is just like mine, really, except you've got a whole extra word in your description. Some people are just lucky.

Michelle, at least I know somebody wants me. I could see myself in Perth. How different can it be from Brisbane? I shall apply immediately, and celebrate my new position by changing the water cooler thirty times a day.

Well thank you, Jack. I suppose I am a bit angry, at times. Horrible work and horrible gym have made me angry.

Steph, DAMN STRAIGHT, sista. I love that part. I always voice Baby's thoughts and say, "Gosh, I'm so glad I wore my flowy pink dancing dress tonight, instead of the pedal-pushers I've worn during every other part of this movie." Sigh. Where are all the (straight) dancing men, anyway?

Daisyjo, ha, nope - just telling them that I'm moving there. All sneaky-like. And then I'll have to always walk on the other side of the road and wear dark glasses and floppy hats so that they never recognise me again.

Oh no, Ellie, I think I still win this one. One word: arseholes. If you had 'tomatoes and arseholes', then I would concede. And I can't dance either, unless you count the drunken staggering I do after too much beer. But I'll give it a go, by jove.

Mark, you've never seen Dirty Dancing? Come on now. Mr. Swayze's high pants? The 'let's incorporate dancing into our first shag' scene? This is sacreligious. And re. gym - ta :-)

6:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home