Monday, April 17, 2006

[Apologies in advance to any readers I will completely alienate with this post, which is the majority, because you won't have ANY idea what I'm talking about. But hey, it's my last day off, and I haven't left the house in four days, and my diet has consisted of 55% chocolate and 45% reality TV, and I'm going a bit mental. So forgive me. Please.]

Two or three years ago, exBF introduced me to Dragonball Z. I had a "What is this load of arse?" response, but suddenly discovered that I was sucked in quicker than the mammoth shot of vodka I did last night (man, that shit is NASTY). Z (and subsequently, GT, and prior to Z, just plain Dragonball) is an anime about this warrior dude named Goku (and his various offspring) who fights bad guys who destroy planets and shit, and he's married to this chick named Chi-Chi. Die-hard fans are probably plotting my death right now. A single storyline takes longer than The Bold and the Beautiful, but man, it's crazy addictive.

Yesterday I discovered that there is a Supanova convention on next week which has a number of guest stars, including the VOICE of Goku. And I am considering going and waiting in the massive autograph-signing queue with the many sprogs, just so I can say a few things.

1. Do you secretly refer to Vegeta as 'Vagina'?

2. Do you secretely refer to Babidi as 'Scrote-head'?



3. Am I the only one who does things like that?

4. I HATE CHI-CHI. Do you hate Chi-Chi? She's always like "OH MY GOD GOKU WHAT ARE YOU DOING I HAVE AN ANNOYING VOICE ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!"

5. I've dressed as Xena so that nobody I know will recognise me.

6. Do you ever threaten people you don't like with Spirit Bombs? Because I reckon I would. If I were you.

7. Is that your bodyguard? Why is he coming for me? GOKU! YOU'RE A TRAITOR TO THE SAIYANS!

Holy shit. I am such a teenage boy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

? Chichi is Japanese for boobs.

As in 'chichi o kurikuri'

5:44 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

I'm learning more and more useful Japanese phrases all the time. I'll use that one next time I'm on tourist-packed public transport.

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home