Wednesday, April 12, 2006



I went to a real, live concert, with real, live musicians, and real, live drunken people stealing bottles of vodka and falling over the staircase with the fake stair.*

I was a little out of place, because my shirt was green and therefore too bright for most of the concert-goers, and it also didn't say KISS or Iron Maiden or The Darkness on it so I didn't fit in at all. But hey, welcome to my life.

I'm no reviewer, but I will just say that there was some kickarse performing, and crazy guitar riffs, and nutty on-stage antics, and a cover of AC/DC's 'Highway to Hell', and there was a guy sitting next to me who'd taken a Happy Pill and perspired more than I thought humanly possible, and it was about three hundred degrees in there, and I wished I'd worn my glasses.

And then, there would've been six hours sleep but I couldn't sleep properly so I only had four or so and it was followed by a day of work and SHIT, I need to go to bed.

*It gave the illusion of a stair, because it was the same colour as the stairs, but it was only about an inch high and everyone kept tripping over it. HOURS of entertainment.

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey said...

It doesn't matter which concert I'm at, I always feel a little out of place. Like someone will look at me and suddenly point and scream, "Look at her clothes! She knows NOTHING about music! Seize her!"

Then the crowd will start thrashing me with pitchforks and other such pointy implements.

1:06 am  
Blogger GBE said...

I think I'm getting old, Audrey. I sat at the very back on a chair and squinted at the stage, thinking "Gosh, those people are rowdy. Don't they know that crowd-surfers will be removed? It says it on the ticket! Kids today."

I very nearly was thrashed, but by drunken people brandishing glass bottles falling in my direction rather than an angry mob.

10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home