Monday, April 17, 2006

Tomorrow is the day of the big move. And seeing as I've been unable to get in contact with Energex to set up my power (is it even possible? All I fricking want is a "Press 1 to speak to a customer service representative." Is that too much to ask?), and haven't been bothered setting up my own internet connection (though if truth be told, I'm sort of secretly hoping I'll find a lovely wireless access point to scab some free bandwidth) or phone line or ANYTHING, there's a chance I'll be sitting in a candlelit room, on a milk crate, eating cold soup.

And even if there's power, the soup will be cold because I haven't bought any cooking implements. Though I did buy some plates and bowls today, which I am quite proud of. Not proud of the plates and bowls, but proud of buying them. The plates and bowls are pretty plain, to be honest.

Also, I don't know whether I need to set up gas, either, because I don't bother looking in to important things like that. I am a twat.

So, the point is, it may take a few days to get stuff sorted.

Or, I may be able to get it all done immediately, in which case forget I said anything at all.

Over and out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

I'll save you a bowl of the revoltingly healthy stew I just cooked.

10:20 pm  
Blogger audrey said...

What you must make sure you do is set your bed with new sheets. That way, when four or five days have passed and you still can't figure out which utility to call, you can make a tent out of your bed and rock yourself to sleep away from all the bad things.

11:37 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Nails, I bet your revoltingly healthy stew is a million times better than the soup I just had. The can lied and said 'peppered steak' when it actually should've said 'bloody burny chilli painful curry burning steak'. Ow. I'm cooling my mouth with lukewarm pepsi.

Audrey, that is a fantastic back-up plan. My bed is currently the only piece of furniture I have, so I'm stationed there pretty permanently anyway. I'll take my soup and camp.

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home