Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Sunday in pictures.

(This is all following the very long hot walk in the sun used to explore the area which brought about the following conclusions: Firstly, everyone, and I mean everyone, goes to their local cafe on Sunday morning. To drink coffee. Oh, sorry, not coffee - double mocha choca docka cino skinny frothy latte whatever. And secondly, if you go to a certain cafe in the area, you can get away with wearing a beret and looking like a twat.)



My dinner.



My entertainment.



My ironing board.



My seat.



My table.



My "thinking spot". (Can you spot the layer of birdseed?)

I'm not used to having this much time on my hands. Is it obvious?

All is well, because yesterday I bought a loungecoffeetablesaucepansknivesfridgewashingmachine and other things, which will make my life a million times better. As soon as they're delivered next week. Until then, I'll continue lounging around on my bed and sitting like a hunchback on the floor, groaning with old woman back pain every time I have to get up.

Today's puzzle is:



What The Hell are these supposed to be?

(I genuinely have no fricking idea. I've been hanging a rubbish bag off them.)

10 Comments:

Blogger yublocka said...

To hang tea towels off? Maybe? Hi by the way, I'm an ex-lurker :)

7:06 pm  
Blogger Pomgirl said...

Hmm, that's a toughie. A bra display area? Belts? Ties? Other thin, long thingies...

2:52 am  
Blogger Ellie said...

Oooh, Spirited Away, that's one of my favourite films ever!

And I have no idea about the hanging things, sorry.

Hi, by the way...

8:04 am  
Blogger i said...

definately tea-towel racks..

and damn you for having a better ironing board than me :P

i.

8:54 am  
Blogger Don Quixote said...

They are house teats. Give them a tug and milk will pour forth.

Man, you're living sparse. Why didn't you just move into your local monastery?

10:40 am  
Blogger The Mutant said...

I've had those suckers in two of my three abodes, and let me tell you, you don't ever miss the fucking space wasters. Yes, they are infact for the hanging of tea towels, I'd like to see the useless cunt who designed them hanging from them, but they aren't very sturdy... Hanging the rubbish bag off them aint a bad idea though!

5:04 pm  
Blogger Enny said...

My Seat, Table, Entertaining Area, Viewing Platform, Study, Napspot and Sleepwear Holder are all on my couch...

9:36 pm  
Blogger GBE said...

Yublocka, hey! :-)

Pomgirl, I like your thinking. I am most definitely going to display my bras in the kitchen, ASAP.

Hi Ellie! I looove Spirited Away. It made it onto the 'DVD's I'm willing to buy' list, which is pretty tough to get onto.

I, that ironing board took some skill. How many people can say they've got a home-made ironing board? Not many.

Don, there's no monasteries here, but I could pretty easily turn this place into one. I could charge the monks rent.

Kezza, you're right, they're the flimsiest pieces of shite in the kitchen. My kitchen is small enough as it is without even more precious space being taken up.

Enny, that will totally be me as soon as I get a couch. I can't wait to upgrade.

Ta for letting me know it's a tea-towel rack, peeps. I already use the handle on the oven door for that purpose, though (doesn't everyone do that?). I'll continue to hang my rubbish from it, I think.

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol yep a tea towel rack. or else you could use them as spare toilet roll holders. LOL> maybe use them to dry garlic? HAHA.

long time lurker. love your work!

1:24 am  
Blogger GBE said...

Thanks, Cath! The only downside to the excellent toilet roll holder idea is that it would involve sprinting out to the kitchen every time the loo roll runs out. Which could be embarrassing.

6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home