Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yes. That banner truly is the extent of my creativity. Come on. I only have a laptop touch pad and Microsoft Paint, people.

Since I am flying off to the other side of the world on Friday, I thought a South America theme would be appropriate in my absence, especially since I predict that I will be completely rubbish at updating this here blog thingo while I am gone. Thanks to the internet for the images, and to Vapidly Vibrant for pointing me to one of the most useful and excellent Spanish phrases of all time.

I am home today, after leaving work because I feel like shit, and I have not had a day where I have sat at home, bludged and stuffed my face with chocolate in at least forever. I figured that this would be a good opportunity to upgrade to Stupid Arsing Titting Blogger Beta or whatever it's called, rather than trying to apply tags when I'm using an odd foreign keyboard with backpacker sludge on the keys.

So I suppose I better make mention of the travel details now, because it's been planned for a year, and I actually am super duper excited about it, but there's only so many times I can say I'M REALLY EXCITED! before the Blog Gods smite me.

If you are in any way interested, the itinerary is here. I think it is grand. The flight leaves at about midday on Friday and we have TWO freaking stopovers. Three God damn aeroplanes to get there. Here's hoping that the flights are ok, that the food doesn't taste too much like flavourless mush, and that the pilot isn't shitfaced. Fingers crossed!

I am going, John is going, my best mate is going, her fiance is going. We will be arriving back in Brissie on March 21st. We are flying with American Airlines and I am planning on making myself look as unlike a terrorist as I possibly can, and I will also try and avoid lighting my farts in the aeroplane toilet. But I can make no promises.

This whole thing is very fricking expensive, and for my next holiday I am going to the cheapest place imaginable. Suggestions have included: sitting in the bus shelter down the road, and camping in the park around the corner. I may even just sit on the couch and read a book about somebody else taking a holiday.

Spent. I should probably be packing, or something.

15 Comments:

Blogger phishez said...

Hurrah for you!!!

You could take a leaf out of my brokeness book and have a holiday at home. I'm sure there are stacks of stuff you can do in Brisbane that you've always said 'one day...' to.

8:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time and sure we will hear all about it when you get back.

9:15 pm  
Blogger Marcheline said...

Have a great vacation! Don't forget - all the bad airline food, drunk pilots, and the rest will make the best blogging stories for when you get back! Rejoice! Enjoy!

- M

1:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Machu Picchu! (How do I write my comments in green?)

Have a great trip.

8:30 am  
Blogger vapidly vibrant said...

Oi! Here's for hoping the pilot is not shitfaced indeed!-------->

As for the food, you can always pig out afterwards while you're in South America (Aye Papi! you'll be [almost] in the same continent as me!!!) - the rice, dude...the fecking rice is awwweeeesome. I find corona godlessly appalling, but eh! doesn't really matter i guess when you don't even know where your pants are!;)

Have a very fantabulous trip (and careful with them lamas)!

9:54 am  
Blogger Miss Devylish said...

Oh I am so freaking jealous! Have a fabuous time and I love your new banner. Finding your pants in any language is very important.

10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels dear girl xoxo

2:20 pm  
Blogger Adam said...

Ha ha D'Jen, GBE knew a year ago she didn't want to go to NF4.

3:38 pm  
Blogger jedimerc said...

Have fun... traveling to the other side of the world is always great :)

6:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, llamas don't even wear pants in the first place.

Have fun but :)

3:00 pm  
Blogger Winter said...

Hope you have fun and hang on to your pantalones! :)

11:48 am  
Blogger Yaussie Girl said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing trip! good luck
www.australiandreams.blogspot.com

2:41 am  
Blogger Steph said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy your travels.
I'm stewing in a pit of jealousy!!

12:20 pm  
Blogger Mars said...

dead jealous.

can't wait to hear about it!

1:11 pm  
Blogger Pomgirl said...

Hope you have a fab time, GBE. Safe travelling xxx

7:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home